Whether you're checking out church for the first time or looking for a church family, we invite you to connect and worship with us.
At Hermiston Nazarene, the church is more than just a building, it's a community of people who journey together and offer love, acceptance, and forgiveness while striving to follow Jesus Christ.
We love our Church, and maybe you will, too.
STATEMENT OF MINISTRYAt Hermiston Church of the Nazarene, we are a community whose members corporately and individually put into effect the threefold priority of Seeking God, Sharing Life and Serving People. While realizing this is a biblical mandate, our expressions of it are not fixed but are a growing process as we are led by the Holy Spirit (Romans12:1-2).
We believe in caring relationships:
Therefore, we participate in loving, Christ-centered relationships characterized by integrity, encouragement, accountability, and mentoring.
We believe in effective stewardship:
Therefore, we participate in the management of our God-given resources responsibly, transparently, and prayerfully. We believe we are to share faithfully our time, talents and treasures as an expression of our love for the Lord.
We believe in a Christ-like mission:
Therefore, as authentic followers of Christ, we will seek opportunities to share the love of Jesus with our family, neighbors, and the world. We will love all people, encourage them, and serve their needs with sincerity and compassion.
We believe in intentional worship:
Therefore, worship is viewed as a lifestyle. It is an expression of a responsive and submitted life connecting us to the presence of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in empowering people:
Therefore, as a healthy church we will build up, encourage, equip, and strengthen our people, releasing them to God-called ministry. We will nurture an environment where people are safe to discover their God-given (spiritual) gifts and are prepared to be Christ-like disciples.
We believe in life-long growth:
Therefore, we acknowledge the importance of a growing and vibrant personal relationship with Christ. This relationship can only happen through the purposeful process of biblical teaching, obedience to God’s Word, and fostering authentic and intentional relationships.
We believe in powerful prayer:
Therefore, communication with God through prayer is a priority, both personally and with others. Prayer brings us together as a family and unites us with God’s heart as we lift praises, bear burdens, and give daily cares to Him.
What We Believe
We are a part of the Nazarene Denomination of faith.
Here's just a little bit that explains what that means, and what we believe:
· We believe in one God, who exemplifies himself in three ways: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
· We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures are divinely inspired, and contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
· We believe that all people have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.
· We believe that the grace and redemption offered through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whoever repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is justified, given new hope and a new life, and is saved from the bondage of sin.
· We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
· We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
· We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.